JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 24 May 2015

Words I'd never thought I'd say.

The last few weeks have been a bit odd to say the least.  I've found myself saying something I'd never dreamed I'd say and doubting people believe me when I say them.  What are the words?:

'My friend was murdered'

Sadly the words are true.  She wasn't a close friend but she was a a friend and she'd helped me out when I was in a hole.  

I'm not going to put names here, this isn't the place for accusations or speculations.  What I do know is the girls in custody for her murder not only went to the same school as my daughter, one of them was friends with my niece for a short time.  I want to scream from the roof tops but I'm a firm believer in justice and until it's done nothing should be put in print.

HOWEVER!  What I am going to say is my friend was a mother and a grandmother and she died defending her kids.  Something I know all my other friends would do for their off spring.  I was aware there had been a dispute and her daughter was having problems but I'd never dreamed things would get this bad.  What worries me is I have other friends who have disputes with neighbours does that mean they could end up stabbed??

As for the girls.  They're 19 and 23 and they've thrown their lives away over an argument!  Who in their right minds takes a knife out with them???  These girls had the same education as my daughter, nieces and nephew but none of them feel it's a good idea to take a knife out with them.  I've been told that the 19 year old was in with the wrong crowd when she left school.  It seems she stayed in the wrong crowd and threw any chance of a future out the window.

My friend now has kids and grand kids who have to carry on without her in their lives.  I can promise you that will be a great loss to them.  I'm not saying she was an angel, hell she was human like us all! However she'd of helped any one who needed it and would of defended her kids to the death.  Sadly she did and to me the world is a darker place without her.

I truly hope the girls can learn from this huge mistake and later on have some form of a normal life and I hope everyone who knows them learns from this and sorts their lives out.

I also hope her family can move on from this and over come the heartache they're feeling.  

One moment can change a life forever, make that moment a positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment