JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Colouring for adults

A few months ago I started getting Art Therapy magazine.  I'd done an art therapy class years ago and found it really helped me to unwind and relax.  So.I thought it would be a good idea to start again at home.  Then for my birthday a good friend gave me a colouring book so I treated myself to some good quality pencils and a few more colouring books and decided to set aside 20 mins per day to colour and use Mindfulness (short meditation).  It's done me the world of good and helps me relax.  Plus I've been trying to be online less so it's taken me off my phone and laptop which is a good thing!

I know some will think it's silly out childish but hey I'm 40 and I don't care!  Lol! I've created some lovely postcards that I've sent to family and I've got pictures I can use for cards or that just make me smile when I look at them.

I'm no artist.  I can't draw or paint, but I can colour and I'm loving learning about different pens, pencils, how to shade, what colours go together and what ones don't. 

I've put a few pics I've done on instagram and I'm going to put some on here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment