JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Old Town Gardens

Molly and I had some time to ourselves this morning so we went for a drive to Old Town Gardens and went for a walk around them.  With all the rain our local parks have become swamps, plus there's been a lot of cases of Alabama Rot around Swindon and dog walkers have been advised to stay away from certain woods and parks so there's not a lot of places left we can walk!  It was nice to be somewhere different, everyone was so friendly down there.  Lots of dog walkers who wanted to chat!  Molly got lots of attention so she was happy! 

I saw this on a bench.  I thought it was really sweet.  It obviously means a lot to 'Stan's family and friends.  I think it is more special than just 'In memory of...'  It shows a lot of thought on their part and that they must have had many happy times in the park, eating ice cream!!  

Also, in the park, there is a large aviary full of budgies and cockatiels.  Molly wasn't impressed, she was more interested in the pond beside it!! But I liked it! The birds must be used to being fed as they came up to the front to see me.  I could have stayed there for hours but Molly was bored so we walked on!!

We carried on round and met more walkers and their dogs, then headed home.  I think it wore Molly out because since we got back all she's done has slept!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment