JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 25 July 2015

What do I do now?? (Warning, this is a post about politics!)

My whole voting life I've been a Labour supporter but due to events over the last year or so I'm now in a dilemma.  I don't want to vote Labour but there's no party that I trust or that represents my views.

This has been going on for a while.  To be honest I wasn't keen on Milliband as a leader, I believed Ed Balls would of been a better leader but I stood by him and trusted the party made the right choice.  Then as time went on the whole party seem to loose their backbone!  Then in the last few weeks the local branch have shown they're prepared to stab any one in the back to get what they want. (Won't go into details as I don't want to get friends in trouble).

So who do I vote for??  After growing up in the 80's with Thatcher and 90's with Major I'll never vote Tory.  Clegg killed the Lib Dems who were the one party I'd of thought about voting for!  I'm not even going to start about what's wrong with Ukip and Farage.  Which leaves the Green Party who are too green even for me who recycled everything long before it was compulsory in Swindon!  

Basically I don't feel there's any one who represents me any more.  I'm a middle aged, disabled, white mother and wife.  

Next year we've got local elections here, unless there's a good independent candidate I won't have any one to vote for.  I don't believe in not voting but it could be the first time I don't.  What's happened to politics??
  

No comments:

Post a Comment