JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Pride

It's been a busy week here.  Lots of fun, but a little mad! lol!

Saturday I went to Swindon and Wiltshire Gay Pride.  It's the first time I've been.  I had a great time, the music and company were brilliant but the main thing that made it so good was I didn't feel excluded.  

Sadly a lot of places still aren't disabled friendly.  I find I can't get to certain places or I'm in other people's way or they just glare at me for asking them to let me through.  There was none of that.  I could access all of it, if I had to ask people to move they did without any problem.  In fact a lot of them went out of their way to help me.  It was lovely to feel welcome and included.  I guess that's what the day was about!

I've got gay friends and a pan sexual friend and I know how hard life has been for them.  I've never understood why gay people have to say they're gay!  I mean I don't have to say I'm straight!  Saturday gave me a little hope that in the future people won't go through that.  As for those who still have an issue with it I have a simple question. What the hell does it have to do with you??!!  If someone is happy and safe and not doing you any harm it's none of your business!  For years I denied I was a Pagan because I was scared of ridicule.  All it did was leave me miserable.  No one has the right to make me feel like that.  What I feel and think it my business.  Jeez it's hard enough being disabled without adding other reasons! lol!

So here's to an Inclusive Pride where every one is accepted for who they are and not what others tell them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment